Mercedes's Reviews > Hansel 1-4: The Complete Series

Hansel 1-4 by Ella James

bookshelves: kindle-unlimited

Hansel and Leah’s story was riveting because it was so riddled with pain. They found each other under the worst circumstances and after years of being separated neither forgot the other. They had been hope for one another while trapped in Mother’s house.
It seems to me like love should be a literal shield. It should offer physical protection; it should be a balm that heals real wounds. I lay back down beside him, and I wonder why the opposite is true—why loving someone almost always leads to pain.

Leah was persistent in her pursuit of Hansel. Once she found him again she was determined to see him again even if that meant their reunion was brief and contrived. Though Hansel consistently tries to push Leah away she remains rather steadfast. She knows that there’s no one else who can understand her life Hansel because he was at Mother’s house with Leah. But Hansel has a lot of secrets of his own and once Leah learns them all she may be reluctant to stay.
I want to be in charge of him. To make him happy. Fix him. Because he's mine. Because he's broken. I can't stand it.

Hansel was kind of a dick. He was much more emotionally traumatized than Leah. His life before he got to Mother’s house was terrible and the events that lead up to Hansel being at Mother’s house were inconceivable. Then on top of that he endured years at Mother’s house and once he left Mother’s house he had no one. His lack of coping led to him being emotionally closed off and he as unable or unwilling to reconnect with Leah.
As if under some terrible spell, he sinks to his knees, and I finally notice that his hands are stained bright red.

Hansel and Leah’s story was a good story, there was a bit in the middle that dragged on some but overall it was an engaging read. I loved the Hansel flashback chapters, we learned so much about his painful past. This was my first read from this author but I look forward to exploring the rest of her fairytale stories.

**I read this as part of my Kindle Unlimited Subscription**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hansel 1-4.

December 4, 2015 – Started Reading
December 7, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 12, 2015 – Shelved
December 12, 2015 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Jabberwocky Great review, Mer! This is on my TBR, so I'm glad my Book Soulmate enjoyed it. (:

Mercedes JABBERWOCKY wrote: "Great review, Mer! This is on my TBR, so I'm glad my Book Soulmate enjoyed it. (:"

Thanks Jabby! I hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

message 3: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Fantastic review MER!!! I really do want to get to this series this year!!! :)

message 4: by Myla (new)

Myla Awesome review Mer!!!

Mercedes Elizabeth wrote: "Fantastic review MER!!! I really do want to get to this series this year!!! :)"

Thanks Liz! Hopefully you'll squeeze it into your reading schedule :)

Mercedes Myla wrote: "Awesome review Mer!!!"

Thanks Myla!

message 7: by warhawke (new)

warhawke Aaagh! I really want to read this one, but damn time never allow lol!
Glad you enjoyed it Hooks :D

Mercedes warhawke wrote: "Aaagh! I really want to read this one, but damn time never allow lol!
Glad you enjoyed it Hooks :D"

Thanks war! Hopefully you can get it in sometime this year, maybe during a ShhLY(F)BR (hope I spelled that right lol!)