Maria Panteli's Reviews > Bonded by Blood

Bonded by Blood by Laurie London

Feb 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: series, romance, fantasy

I’m not sure what I think of this book. I would have given it 3.d stars if I could. There were things I really did like about this book. The initial meeting/meetings between the two characters where new and exciting. Unfortunately, the hotter moments between them didn’t wow me like I had thought, at least not when I consider all the buildup to it.
I really liked the concept of sweet blood and the fact that vampires find it addicting. It added to the already saturated world of vampire lore. However, it didn’t seem so farfetched to me! Why wouldn’t some people’s blood taste better and make you crave it?
I also liked the fact that despite being tortured by his past, Dominic wasn’t broody or let his sadness make him bitter. He does stand apart from the typical revenge-seeking male in most other books. The whole alpha male thing did grate on me. I’ve seen it so many times. The whole “must protect the woman” mantra is getting boring now.
I couldn’t really connect with Mackenzie at all. She had this freakish fear of developing Alzheimer's and pretty much ruled out any chance of having a future because of it. I didn’t like her attitude and the way her emotions just didn’t seem rational. She felt scared but didn’t act scared, a somewhat normal person would.

All in all I liked the story and the new elements that it introduced. I liked the characters but they didn’t blow me away. Hopefully this series will develop into something more substantial and exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonded by Blood.

February 8, 2011 – Shelved