Christi Snow's Reviews > All They Ever Wanted

All They Ever Wanted by Tracy Solheim

My Review:
I really loved every moment of reading this book. It was one of those that I hated to see the pages go past because I didn't want the story to end.

This book is about two very different people. Miles is the oldest of his five siblings and he's always had his life mapped out. He's very regimented, controlled, and lives his life with a very straight moral code. And he's a politician in the middle of a congressional race.

Lori doesn't want anyone to notice her. She's on the run, but throughout most of the story, the whole reason why is a mystery. There were elements of the reveal that shocked me...in the very best way. (Please, please, please say that Matt will eventually get a story...I loved him so much.) But she knows that her presence endangers this family that's already under a microscope. Unfortunately, Miles' mother was hit by a car and is recuperating from a broken hip, so Lori can't run yet.

But in the meantime, the temptation and chemistry between Miles and Lori is building. And wow...their chemistry is written so well. The build-up was amazingly hot and then it was even better when they gave in. I did really love the two of them together. There's just so much blatant NEED between them. Did I mention they are hot?

There is a GREAT cast of characters in this series. They are all well-rounded and fun to read. Miles has his brother and friend and the three of them have the type of bromance that I love to read in my books. I also really loved the side story of Miles' mom and her issues with aging and having a broken hip and worried about her own love life.

I enjoyed the backdrop of the campaign and the great conflict it added to the story. Everything about the book was just really well put together to make a great, entertaining and riveting read. I loved the book, loved the characters, and loved the super-hot romance. I also liked the way that the end was written. Although there is a fabulous HEA, I felt like the author executed it in a really unexpected way that I liked.

I definitely recommend this one! You can read any of these books as stand-alones, although characters from past books in both this series and one of Tracy Solheim's other series do make an appearance (and it's so fun to see them again.)

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All They Ever Wanted.

December 12, 2015 – Shelved