Rob.C. Rob.C.'s Reviews > Welcoming the Bad Boy

Welcoming the Bad Boy by Annie Rains

Wow. Another amazing book by the author of Welcome To Forever and Welcome Home Cowboy. If you've enjoyed the previous books in this beautiful series, you will definitely love Griffin and Valerie's story. If you haven't, this could be your chance to discover a wonderful series that will have you swoon, laugh, maybe even shed a tear or two at some points, and warm your heart and all the way down to your toes (watch out for a bit of heat here and there, too!).

I'll start this review by saying I'm not a fan of bad boys-the tattooed, heart-breaking, badass heroes that so many women drool after, both in books and in real life aren't usually my cup of tea. Growing up watching Disney movies, I've always loved the idea of a real Prince Charming who'd come trotting on his white horse and sweep me off my feet. Apparently, Annie Rains proved that Prince Charming can also be a tattooed, ex-military riding a Harley and still be absolutely adorable. Well, Griffin Black, even though he's all of the above, technically isn't really a bad boy at all, and I just couldn't help falling for him from the very first scene and a little more with every page I read.

I liked Valerie back in book one, so I was looking forward to her story, and I'm happy the author didn't disappoint my expectations. She is a romance author, so I immediately felt a connection with her-but that's not the only reason I liked her. I knew she was funny and a little crazy, but I wasn't expecting the softer, more romantic and naughtier side that comes out in this book, and that made me root for her from the very beginning. I suffered with her, felt her frustration and insecurities, and by seeing Griffin through her writer's eyes and imagination, I couldn't help falling for him alongside with her.

The story, as it's customary in this series, is a mix of heart-warming, emotional, funny and sexy moments all woven together to create a book you just won't be able to put down until you've reached the last page - and even then, you might end up wishing for a few more pages (or chapters). I know I did! From the very first chapter to the last page, I laughed, swooned, was close to tears, blushed a little and eventually was left with fuzzy feelings enveloping me.

The characters from book one and book two are back (yay for Micah and Lawson, Kat and Julie!) and new characters are introduced - including some adorable police dogs that stole my heart almost as fast as Griffin did.

I have to say, this book is way sexier than the others, but well, Griffin is supposedly a bad boy and Valerie is a romance author who needs real-life inspiration to get over writer's block, so... desperate times call for desperate measures!

In short, if you're looking for a sexy book boyfriend and a relatable heroine, an intense story and a beautiful happy ending, look no further: Welcoming The Bad Boy is the book for you! And if you haven't, go back and read the previous books, too. I promise the men of Seaside will sweep you off your feet.

***I received a complimentary copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcoming the Bad Boy.

December 12, 2015 – Shelved
December 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 5, 2016 – Started Reading
June 5, 2016 –
21.0% "...and already half-way in love with Griffin!"
June 12, 2016 – Finished Reading