kilty's Reviews > A Lot like Love

A fun read...
Top 5 silly reasons that made it fun for me :

(1) Hero was
(a) burn-holes-through-your-bra HOT FBI agent
(b) half-scottish, half-Italian ..calls his mother Ma (my fav line in the book, "Well, Ma, see...there's this girl")
(c) Tall, Dark, and Smoldering
(d) Tall, Dark, and Sarcastic
(e) Tall, Dark, and Scruffy-jawed
(f) ALL OF THE ABOVE

(2) The tennis speed wise-crack exchange where the readers zing back and forth..the result being always the same..LOVE ALL:)

(3) The warm, funny interactions with the secondary characters whether family or friends added dimension to the main characters (esply. enjoyed the girl talk.. psst! I liked how he called her Rhodes too!)

(4) The interesting intro to the hero in the next book.. a twitter terrorist with a certain appeal enough to steam up a jacuzzi..seriously?!! (can't picture him as a hero but definitely curious to read more *grin*)

(5) Oh! not to forget.. JJ randomly mentioned Gerard Butler in 300

again, read above...s-i-l-l-y reasons:)

nitpicks:
- built-in wine-tasting innuendos somewhat clichéd as 'old wine in a new bottle'
- build-up to the love scenes was more interesting than the actual love scenes

This book was A Lot Like.. Something About You but I think I liked SAY better.. I have to re-read but somehow I felt there was more intensity and depth to Jack & Cameron's romance.. Btw, Jack still hasn't proposed? Living together is for real life & chick lits, if you are mentioning my favorite characters from before, I want my favorite kind of bended-knee-hea for them..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lot like Love.

08/02/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR Love your review! Exactly the reasons why I LOVED Nick!!
And yes, that line "Well, Ma, see...there's this girl" totally made me fall all over again for him! *sigh*

kilty Thank you MBR! I hope JJ starts another series with FBI agents..even if every cover features the H in a grey suit again..or maybe crisp, white shirts unbuttoned......well! its upto the author to worry about the story & the rest..I can only give helpful suggestions;-)

message 3: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR Definitely on-board! ^_^

kilty Yes! McSwoon is sighworthy.. Thanks Mia:)

Thanks everyone for the likes!