Steve Groll's Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Feb 07, 2011

My first truly favorite novel that I have read 20 plus times, over the almost 50 years I have owned it, is by far one of the most enjoyable stories I have ever read. I never tire of it and always look forward to it each time I start reading it again. A true classic that will always be loved by children of every age. Being a child despised by his peers due to lack of abilities prized by my equals, I identify with the main character, Meg Murry who is a homely, awkward teen who has a kind, loving heart. She did what I longed to do; she went on a fantastic adventure through time and space along with her misfit genius brother Charles Wallace and an unlikely friend who was a popular athletic boy, Calvin O’Keefe, who had problems of his own. Together with three strange creatures disguised as eccentric old women, the children travel the universe in search of Meg and Charles Wallace's missing scientist father who has been experimenting with tesseract--a time/space wrinkle that allows one to travel through time/space. Mr. Murry ends up trapped on a terrible planet that is controlled by a great evil. The characters are interesting, the plot intriguing, and the adventures exciting. It is a must read. Steve Groll author ~ “Beyond the Dead Forest.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.