Bianca Mori's Reviews > The Year We Hid Away

The Year We Hid Away by Sarina Bowen

4.5 review!
The start of this book was dark. In fact I found it bleak. Bridger has to hide his sister in his dorm because of an awful home situation, and Scarlet changes her identity because of terrible accusations towards her father. With darkness and secrecy like that surrounding them, I wondered where this book would go.
But I loved how, in the midst of that darkness, Bridger and Scarlet find a little bit of light with each other. Instead of feeling that this romance was inauthentic (which was my fear at first), it felt very true and affirming for me -- how people find comfort in a relationship when they go through the worst of times. The limited time that they shared together felt like relief, a reason to smile and a bright spot in an otherwise awful situation.
And then the second half of the book starts resolving things left and right and I couldn't put the book down! I needed to know how things would turn out. So I kept going until the book was done and now I am completely groggy.
But it was worth it. Heh!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year We Hid Away.

December 10, 2015 – Shelved