Kate Mclaughlin's Reviews > The Core

The Core by Kate  Thomas

19591741

Kate Thomas is a new author to me but I was completely engaged with her work from the first page. At 60% of the way through I was that addicted that I purchased The Core in audiobook format so that I can listen to it on the way to work once I finished the book. Well I finished yesterday and have left it one day to let my thoughts percolate.
I love the characters, Ellie is intelligent, independent and I find myself envious of her relationship she has with her brother. David, it the strong, mysterious type. I love how at the beginning of the book I am wary of him and by the end I, like Ellie am enraptured.
The plot and its twists are exciting and kept me gripped. It has been a while since I have read a book I thoroughly enjoyed so quickly (Yep 4 days is quick for me.)
I find the secondary characters, the balance keepers, fascinating, I am looking forward to how they will come into play in the series.
The Core is an excellent read, which has good pace and believable characters and an intriguing ending. I have recommended to my friends.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Core.

Started Reading