Hollis 's Reviews > Full Measures

Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, 2015-reads, contemporary, all-the-feels, na, romance, sexytimes

Three stars -- and that extra one is only for the 'heroes welcomed home' scene which pretty much made me cry.

FULL MEASURES was mostly good but just too. much. drama for me. I felt like all the typical NA tropes and events got thrown together and took too much of the focus away from what could've otherwise been a really beautiful and emotional story. Also, as much as I liked Josh, even put in the 'playboy badboy' column, he was too perfect. It was never really a concern that they wouldn't end up together. And Ember? Sometimes I liked her, sometimes I really didn't.

What I did like was the exploration of the emotional struggle of being left behind when a loved one goes off to war. And how that affects everything and everyone differently -- especially when they don't come home.

I enjoyed Yarros' writing, even if it was a bit flowery at times, and even if sometimes we got jumped around a little too much, making me think I missed a page. And because of how much I liked Josh's roommate Jagger I am committed enough to give the second book, and therefore the rest of the standalones in this series, a chance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Measures.

December 9, 2015 – Shelved