Misha Mathew's Reviews > The Enchanted April

The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted April.

04/26/2012
04/28/2012
20.0% 5 comments
04/29/2012
50.0% "“... Why, it would really be being unselfish to go away and be happy for a little, because we would come back so much nicer.”"
show 4 hidden updates…

Misha  Mathew Kirsty wrote: "This is such a beautiful book! I hope you enjoy it!"

I have read a few pages only, but I already love it. I think I would like to get the author's other books as well, as soon as I am done with this.

message 2: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat This is coming up next for me too! I am especially looking forward to it now after seeing 5 stars here :-)

Misha  Mathew kathryn wrote: "This is coming up next for me too! I am especially looking forward to it now after seeing 5 stars here :-)"

Hi Kathryn! I hope you love it as much as I did. It's one of those books where you savor ever word. Now I can't wait to watch the movie adaptation.

Misha  Mathew Kirsty wrote: "Hooray for our matching book ratings, Misha! I'm so glad you loved it. Would you like some links to her other books? I've really enjoyed every single one of them I've read so far."

This was such a good read! I am so glad I discovered this author. I found some links to her other books on Project Gutenberg - but thanks so much for the offer! :) I was planning on reading Elizabeth and her German Garden next - what do you think? Have you read it?

Misha  Mathew Kirsty wrote: "That's okay :) Yes, I have, and it's another great read! I'd definitely recommend it."

Great! Thanks, Kirsty.

message 6: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia Dunn Which von Arnim books should I start with having never read her?

message 7: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia Dunn Kirsty wrote: "I hate to jump in, but this one! :D"

Oh no, Kirsty, I was writing to both of you. Awesomebooks.com has a bunch of hers for sale inexpensively (used of course) and if you buy two, there's free shipping to the US. Free shipping to the UK even with one book. I started to read a blog that was listed on the Persephone site and now I'm hooked on all these old books. I wish I could buy all of the Persephones, they're so beautiful. You might like the blog. I'll find the name and give it you and Misha. Thanks for this.

Misha  Mathew I have only read this one by Elizabeth Von Arnim, but I can second Kirsty's recommendation. I loved it! The movie is great too!

Misha  Mathew Cynthia wrote: "Kirsty wrote: "I hate to jump in, but this one! :D"

Now I really do need to check out Awesomebooks. I find it so hard to get Persephone books inexpensively. I want to own them all as well!

message 11: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia Dunn It takes about two weeks or so to get here. I bought four more books the other day. They run specials where you get four for the price of three from their Bargain Bin. I got the Von Armin. I've subscribed to Stuck in a Book, Buried in Print and a couple of others. I'll look at the ones you mentioned.

Misha  Mathew @Kirsty I fully intend to try Awesome books when buying books for Christmas.

If you love The Captive Reader, I think you will also like "Stuck in a Book". Reading these blogs are one of my favorite pastimes :D

Misha  Mathew Cynthia wrote: "It takes about two weeks or so to get here. I bought four more books the other day. They run specials where you get four for the price of three from their Bargain Bin. I got the Von Armin. I've..."

Oh great! I hope you enjoy the blogs.

They have a bargain bin too? I need to buy something from there soon.