Laura's Reviews > Sloppy Firsts

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Feb 06, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from August 25 to 29, 2011

Why oh dear God, WHY did I not hear about this book until I became a part of the blogging community, although this is my first year in the blogging community, I've been a very avid reader since a young age, and feel like this book should have been on my radar along time ago!! Such great bloggers as Ginger at Greads and Jen at MakeShift BookMark are the ones that made this book appear on my radar, and I thank them so much for letting me experience all that is Jessica Darling!
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I would like to say that although this first book takes place while Jessica is in High School, this is considered an adult series, and in a way i'm kinda glad I didn't read this book until I did, because being out of high school for almost 9 years now, it took me back in time and made me remincise on all that is high school drama. Megan McCafferty hit the drama and hilarity that is High School on the head with this book, the characters were downright hilarious and reminded me of people I went to high school with, haha but I will keep names to myself.
I loved the relationship between Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie, and come on, who didn't have a crush on the bad boy in high school, i'm pretty sure we all did. That being said, i'm so happy this was only book one in a series of 5 and cannot wait to read the rest of the series. If your in the mood for a downright hilarious, but hilarious because its true novel, then Sloppy Firsts is a must read for you!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sloppy Firsts.

08/25/2011 page 35
08/25/2011 page 72
24.0% "Hilarious!"
08/26/2011 page 137
46.0% "Trying to finish this one tonight!! :)"