Jessyca Garcia's Reviews > Cape May

Cape May by Holly Caster

Dec 08, 2015

I enjoyed Cape May by Holly Caster more than I thought I would. The story is about Joanna Matthews, a woman close to sixty who is in a unique marriage with her best friend Brian. When Joanna and Brian turned forty they promised to marry each other if they were still single. Twenty years later married Joanna unexpectedly meets Michael Leighton, a stranger, on a bus and forms an instant connection. Joanna’s feelings for Michael make her rethink her marriage and her own happiness.

After reading Cape May the only thing I could think of was how badly I wanted to actually see Cape May, New Jersey myself. Caster painted a beautiful picture of a small town with Victorian style houses. She also threw in some actual facts about Cape May. Such as that the lighthouse was built in 1859 and first lit on Halloween. I originally thought I was going to have a little trouble connecting to the main character of Joanna, but I liked her and understood her immediately. I understood what Joanna was going through but I had no idea how she would solve her problem. Michael was a very likeable guy but I thought Brian was a bit boring. However I understood why he was boring, because after twenty years not much surprises you about a person. I like reading this type of story because I am never sure how it will end. It can go a bunch of different ways and finding the perfect ending is hard. Caster did a good job with the ending of this story. If you like to read romance stories that are not too mushy then this is the perfect book.
*I reviewed this book for Readers’ Favorite

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cape May.

December 8, 2015 – Started Reading