Luv My Books' Reviews's Reviews > All the Broken Places

All the Broken Places by Anise Eden

Dec 08, 2015

All the Broken Places is such an intriguing paranormal romance book written skillfully by debut author Anise Eden. I am excited for this upcoming series titled 'The Healing Edge,' and am looking forward to reading more about what comes next for the menagerie of characters she has introduced, here. I signed up for an advanced copy of this book because of the book's description, a friend's recommendation, and that slightly 'eerie' cover that gives me 'cultish', yet, hopeful feelings.

Anise Eden's writing captured me with all of the details of what 'sensitive and empathetic' therapist Cate was experiencing. I was also very drawn to what the MacGregor Group was up to and how they were intent on rallying around Cate in her time of need. I loved how she was a skeptic. She did not trust easily and she was also independent. She knew how to take care of herself and how to get her own needs met, however, depression from the loss of her mother shook things enough for her to need more than she could give to herself. I loved her friends Sid (with benefits) and Simone who also wanted the best for Cate and later...the brewing connections with Marine Corpsman, Dr. Ben, in the group...so fun.

While this book deals with mental heath and alternative medicine, it is much more than that. All the Broken Places' extra appeal is that it includes the supernatural and all its possibilities, along with the gathering of educated healers, in an old church setting. I enjoyed learning the seminars' goals in providing not just relief for Cate, but also sharpening her gifts and equipping her with new skills. I loved the warmth and the relationships in this book and how so many wanted to help feisty Cate but just couldn't seem to find the method that would reach her enough to make her want to complete the program. Cate really struggled and I really rooted for her. Great story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Broken Places.

December 8, 2015 – Shelved