Sofia The Great's Reviews > Fourth World

Fourth World by Lyssa Chiavari

5420503

bookshelves: 2016, latino

4 1/2 Platypires for Fourth World by Lyssa Chiavari

I NEED THE NEXT BOOK ASAP!!!

Okay... now for the review. Lol.

I was hooked after the first chapter I truly enjoyed this book and really like it when a book makes me think. I kept trying to guess what happens next and trying to figure out how it all works. Before I get ahead of myself, the story is told through two POVs. Isaak who's living on Mars and Nadin who's on Iamos. Both of them are in pivotal moments in their lives where the adults/gov't is trying to control them and their worlds.
Fourth World is a YA science fiction novel that any science geek would enjoy and even non- science people too. The story just flows and kept me captivated.
I freaking loved all the diversity in this novel. Just A+. A book where POC are the predominant characters and it wasn't pushy at all. Just a great freaking job. Now that is a perfect example of the future.
My only complaint is when the story was told from Nadin's POV. I was confused my some of the terminology. I didn't realize till after the book was over that it contain a glossary. I do wish there was more context when the new words were introduced because I'm not a huge fan of looking at the back of the book. Now that being said it didn't prevent me from enjoying the story.

Overall, this was a really good book that I would highly recommend. Seriously start reading it now.

I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fourth World.

December 8, 2015 – Shelved
December 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 6, 2016 – Started Reading
February 6, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
February 6, 2016 –
34.0% "pretty good so far"
February 7, 2016 –
February 8, 2016 –
65.0% "a little confusing but still interesting."
February 9, 2016 –