Bambi Unbridled's Reviews > Killer Curves

Killer Curves by Naima Simone

bookshelves: million-page-challenge, read-2015, romance-suspense, diversity

This second installment of the Guarding Her Body series was uber yummy and suspenseful - I loved it and read it all in one sitting. I may have even given myself one of those dreadful injuries that I have been known to get while trying to walk and read at the same time. My toes, knees and shins really take a beating when I have one of these books that I can't put down.

I have been impressed with Naima Simone's ability to spin a suspenseful tale that is not easily predictable. While the suspense in Witness to Passion was good, this book far surpassed the first one one for me. I was totally blindsided by the villain in this one. Never saw it coming!

Naima also does a good job at writing tough guy alpha heroes that are a little bit broken - the kind you want to get your hands (and other parts) on to fix with your big heart and smutty mind. Our hero here, Ciaran Ross, does not disappoint in that regard. I had a great visualization of him as Henry Cavill (Man of Steel version). Ciaran lost someone very important to him and he has been afraid to get close to any one woman since that loss. However he feels an immediate draw to our heroine, Sloan Barrett, and the chemistry between them was fantastic. Ciaran was a dirty talking rough and raw type of lover, and that paired with my visualization of him made this a very exciting read.

Sloane was a likable enough heroine. She comes from family money and has always been made to feel like she was not good enough. I felt sorry for her and had a pretty good connection with her character. Though I really kept thinking that I just wanted to push her off a pier so I could have a go at Ciaran.

If you are looking for something steamy and suspenseful, I highly recommend Killer Curves. I received an advanced copy of this book from Entangled in exchange for an honest review. 5 stars / 4 flames.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Curves.

December 7, 2015 – Started Reading