Nat's Reviews > Salt to the Sea

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

bookshelves: arc

“Joana Vilkas, your daughter, your sister. She is salt to the sea.”

I’ve been waiting for this book ever since I finished reading Between Shades of Grey back in August.
I’ll admit that I had very high expections for this book and I’m glad that every single one of them was met. I could not stop reading Salt to the sea, I kept telling myself just one more chapter, just one more (we all know how well that works).

I enjoyed reading from every main character and (view spoiler)

I really cared for Joana and Florian, Ruta Sepetys has a special talent for powerful romances. I can’t stop thinking about them.
There were so many compelling moments in this book with Joana and Florian and Emilia, I had tears streaming down my face for the last 100 pages.

"Joana still had her mother. Reuniting with her mother was her motivation. She would slay dragons to get to her. Mother was anchor. Mother was comfort. Mother was home. ”

Simply put, Salt to the Sea will be added to my favorites! I loved it.
(view spoiler)
Also, listened to this song while reading, which made my reading experience a lot more emotional.

ARC from Netgalley (Thank You).

*Note: I'm an Amazon Affiliate. If you're interested in buying Salt to the Sea, just click on the image below to go through my link. I'll make a small commission!*

Support creators you love. Buy a Coffee for nat (bookspoils) with Ko-fi.com/bookspoils

This review and more can be found on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salt to the Sea.

Quotes Nat Liked

Ruta Sepetys
“I wanted to stay locked away from the pain and destruction. I didn't want to be strong. I didn't want to be the 'smart girl'. I was so very tired. I just wanted it all to be over.”
Ruta Sepetys, Salt to the Sea

December 7, 2015 – Shelved
December 7, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 26, 2016 – Started Reading
January 27, 2016 –
page 62
January 28, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 23, 2016 – Shelved as: arc

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Sara I really want this book... you're making me so jealous!

Sara I really want this book... you're making me so jealous!

message 3: by Nat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat Sarah wrote: "I really want this book... you're making me so jealous!"
I hope you'll get to read it soon :)

message 4: by Malory (new) - added it

Malory Larsen So excited to get this book and read it

♥Sharon♥ Nice review Natalie!

message 6: by Nat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Nice review Natalie!"

Thank you, Sharon!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review! I really liked this book as well. I still have to read Between Shades of Grey... I hear it's really good!

Lauren Just finished this and I'm not over Emilia... I was rooting for her so hard and I'm heartbroken she didn't make it :(