Olivia-Savannah Roach's Reviews > This Isn't What It Looks Like

This Isn't What It Looks Like by Pseudonymous Bosch

I read this directly after reading the third one, which is not something I usually do. When I read a series I like to read two or more books in between so that I don’t feel the books get too same-y. But this time I really wanted to keep reading this mystery series seeing as the previous book ended on such a cliffhanger.

Our familiar trio of Cassandra, Max-Ernest and Yo-Yoji return in this book with some new characters in tow, like Daniel-Not-Danielle, the Glob, the Jester and Anastasia as well. Cassandra is in grave danger, and Max-Ernest must save her before it’s too late. While Cass is racing through time, Max-Ernest is racing against it. Either way, the past and present (and even future) all play together to unlock bits of the mystery continued from the previous book.

What I liked so much about this book was that it had a lot of focus from Max-Ernest’s perspective, even though we usually get to see more from Cassandra’s. This is why Max-Ernest became my favourite character. We get to see how much he cares for his friends, how much it hurts to be replaced and also how to deal with separated parents who seem to reattach themselves to each other. Aside from all this, Max-Ernest has his own quirks, like his illness and undying love for chocolate.

I’m going to keep this fairly short because I don’t want to give away any major plot points. But go read this!

This review and more can be found on Olivia's Catastrophe: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/20...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Isn't What It Looks Like.

December 6, 2015 – Shelved