Sofia The Great's Reviews > Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1 by G. Willow Wilson

5420503

bookshelves: 2015, graphic-novels

4 Platypires for Ms.Marvel, vol. 1: No Normal

I had no idea what to expect with Ms.Marvel. I just know it kept showing up on those best lists for graphic novels. I also knew that the MC was a person of color which caught my interest. I was pleasantly surprised that the character is Pakistani and comes from a devout Muslim family.
I liked the fact that Kamala's dueled cultured played in this graphic novel. I found her struggle to live in both worlds refreshing to read. She just a fun character and I found myself rooting for her. I just liked her innocence and determination to help those in need even when it went against her family wishes.
My favorite part of her character is how much she was a true fangirl. She loved superheroes and was a dedicated fan. When she got to meet Wolverine I wanted to freak out with her because her reaction would have been mine. I loved that moment.
Now for the story I thought it was pretty good and a great introduction. The graphics were well done and very fun. I believe the target audience is aim at teens but adults will like it as well.
Overall a well written story that I would highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1.

December 6, 2015 – Started Reading