The Book Tart's Reviews > His to Take

His to Take by Katee Robert

Dec 06, 2015

Originally posted on The Book Tart http://thebooktart.com/book-review/th...

I adore Katee Roberts science fiction but somehow... *blush* I'd never read her contemporary romances before. So when I saw His To Take was available for review I jumped at the chance! I wasn't disappointed. This story is the perfect length for a much needed break during this holiday season. I curled up on the couch after work and read it straight through.

I LOVED the heroine Erin and wanted to hang out with her and commiserate on her bad luck. She's back in her home town after a miserable experience in New York and trying to figure out what to do with her life now. She's feeling blue when her kryptonite walks up behind her and jolts her out of her funk.

Warren is a Marine and back in town for the holidays. I fell hard for him when he decided to rile Erin up because he couldn't stand to see her looking sad. They've had chemistry and played with that spark for years, she's the girl he can't stop thinking about... But she's always shut down any chance of more than physical between them. This time he wants to see if their fire can last.

I enjoyed the sweet and the hella sexy in this novella. I loved that I didn't feel cheated on length, I felt like I got to know Erin and Warren through their game of Truth or Dare. I wanted them to take a chance on a future together.

A few of my fav lines.

♥ Kissing Erin had always been the easiest thing in the world, and the feel of her, all hot and warm, in his arms was enough to drive a better man than him to distraction. He tangled his fingers in her hair and tilted her head back.

"About that kiss..."

♥ "You'll figure it out." There was absolutely no doubt in his tone or face. He believed she would get her shit together. He might actually be the only one in her life to have that unrelenting belief in her.

This novella is part of her Out Of Uniform series and I got sucked in (I didn't feel lost at all) and now I'm adding the first three books in the series to my must read list. ;) If you're looking for a holiday treat run, don't walk, and give yourself the gift of Katee Roberts' His To Take!

The Queen of Tarts

♦ eARC provided for review for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His to Take.

Started Reading