Emma's Reviews > Five on a Treasure Island

Five on a Treasure Island by Enid Blyton

bookshelves: read-in-2015, mysteries

The Famous Five was my favorite series when I was a kid, Le club des cinq in French. Alas I don't remember, but I probably read the whole series. So suddenly I had the idea to revisit and read it for the first time in English! A lazy Sunday afternoon, after an exhausting day, was perfect for it. I really enjoyed it again. And I actually discovered all the books of the series are available as audiobooks for free on youtube!
I asked a few people here in the US, but they don't seem to know who Enid Blyton is!! So popular in England and in France.
Delightful and suspenseful
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Five on a Treasure Island.

Started Reading
December 6, 2015 – Shelved
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: read-in-2015
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: mysteries
December 6, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker) I never knew that Enid Blyton was published in France, let alone was popular in France. She was huge in Australia too, and many of us grew up on her stories. I read most if not all as a child. When my son was about 7 I read the whole series (yes all 21) out loud to him for bedtime reading. Even though my enthusiasm for the task waned by about book 7. She was never popular in America for some reason and seems to be little known there.

Emma I know, I was shocked to realize people did not know her here. Is it because she was starting being published during the war?? Yes in France, her books were in the famous collection "La bibliothèque rose", a collection that still exists today for children.