Cecilia's Reviews > Love Sucks!

Love Sucks! by Melissa Francis

Feb 05, 2011

bookshelves: red-covers
Read in January, 2011

Love Sucks! picks up where Bite Me! left off, and does it ever kick the story up a notch! AJ is in a much better place as far as her feelings for Ryan goes - though the love will always be there, her heart has come to terms with Ryan being her stepbrother and not her boyfriend anymore. They both have committed to putting family first and protecting everyone including their sibling-to-be from any harm.

I think Ms. Francis hit the ground running with Love Sucks! which is to be expected since the stage has been neatly set already. She throws in a delightful mix of new characters - and I admit that Lex was pretty dreamy snack and totally man enough to heal AJ's broken and lonely heart. I approved wholeheartedly, even though Ryan was pretty upset with this new development and suspected Lex of being evil. With due cause, but is there any hard evidence? You'll have to read and find out! :}

Love Sucks! is perfect if you're looking for a light, fluffy vampire read. It falls along the same fun-loving vein as Kimberly Pauley's Mina Hamilton series that I also enjoyed. The story gets a little dark and edgy to keep the suspense up, but all in all, a delectable treat if you need something to snack on!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Sucks!.

12/31/2016 marked as: read