Maya's Reviews > Edge of Obsession

Edge of Obsession by Megan Crane

ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

description

Wow, what a read! This was something completely else from what I usually read, and let me tell you I don't regret it one bit! The story is a mix of dystopia and freaking vikings, I kid you not. It's genious!
Just for all the yummy men I'd buy this book. ;)

description

I honestly don't know where to start. This story is so amazing but at the same time it can be quite disturbing, to some at least (me included). The world as we know it is gone. On one side you have viking alike men that live in a world where a hint of technology still survived the bed times. Men that follow no rules or laws but their own and men who know how to please women and women who definitely know (or learn) how to please men. On the other side you have a world, where most women are basically degraded to being nothing more than baby making objects. A world, where sex is not meant for pleasure, only for repruduction. But what they all have in common is a world with no government or human rights. Those with most power are the rulers (self announced kings) and law makers, all rulers of small teritories that always hunger for more.
And you can guess what happened once those 'two worlds' crashed. You got it, an explosion that definitely changed both Tyr and Helena's lives.

description

This book is filthy, filthy sexy!!! I don't remember ever reading a story like that. And I read a lot! There were scenes that I just had to take breaks from and completelly stop reading. Let me tell you, Helena may come from a world where sex is nothing but a chore but underneath all that, she's a heck of a vixen (that likes to watch - a lot)! Not that Tyr is any better. Boy, those two really know how to burn the pages, uff. ;)

Of course their relationship starts with
description

But we all know how their story is supposed to end.
description

Tyr is this big brute that starts to soften up with Helen and she is definitely someone who lets you know her opinion loud and clear. And that more often than not brings her into trouble. Only this time her trouble comes in a form of this sexy, broody and super protective piece of a man.
They have some ups and downs but at the end of the day, nothing can stop them from being together. Not the new life style, mistrust, weak relatives or even demons from their pasts. And what doesn't decide to leave peacefully, well...let's just say that Tyr knows how to make it leave.

Ferranti had hurt her.
He did it again, yanking on Helena’s arm so hard she went up on her toes—
So Tyr cut the little bitch’s hand right off.
One clean stroke. Problem solved.

All I can say is, this book is awesome! And you should go and buy it! ...Now! :D

Safety-gang: Not sure, if it's a clean safe or more of a safe-with-exception. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Obsession.

December 6, 2015 – Shelved
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: alpha-h
December 8, 2015 – Started Reading
December 8, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-gift
December 8, 2015 – Shelved as: asshole-hero
December 8, 2015 – Shelved as: violence-abuse
page 0
0.0% "Blood was always answered with blood. That was the raider way."
page 20
6.23% "Clothed, he was the devil, dangerous, and more fascinating than he should have been.\n Naked, he was a god."
page 20
6.23% "“Note to self,” Helena said tartly. “Raiders are excellent drying racks for laundry.”"
page 25
7.79% "DAMN, this book is HOT!!! \n \n description"
page 30
9.35% "He wanted to forget everything else in the whole damned world but that.\n But her."
page 55
December 27, 2015 –
95.0% "Marks on the woman he had just claimed as his. Ferranti had hurt her.\n He did it again, yanking on Helena’s arm so hard she went up on her toes—\n So Tyr cut the little bitch’s hand right off.\n One clean stroke. Problem solved. --- You really shouldn't make Tyr angry. It'll be the last thing you do. :)"
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: action
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: man-ho
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: ow-om-drama
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: safety-gang-safe
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: secrets-lies
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: strong-h
December 27, 2015 – Shelved as: dystopia
December 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews So he let's people see her naked? He's not possessive over men looking at her? That's one thing I absolutely can't deal with. I don't like them watching others either.. Just a icky feeling.. Like they want the other people. Glad you enjoyed it. I love the whole world too described but not the sex in front of others. I'd want him to be possessive.

Maya ~Nichole~ Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews wrote: "So he let's people see her naked? He's not possessive over men looking at her? That's one thing I absolutely can't deal with. I don't like them watching others either.. Just a icky feeling.. Like t..."

At first he doesn't like other men seeing her like that but there are two scenes where he punishes her with public sex, so she would admit that she only wants him and not to become a clan girl.

message 3: by CC (new) - added it

CC Great review!

Maya CC wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you, CC! Glad you like it. :)

Gi's Spot Reviews Awesome review, hun! ;)

Maya Gp wrote: "Awesome review, hun! ;)"

Thanks, Gp! :) xoxo

message 7: by Shari Kay (new)

Shari Kay Wait... so he forces her to have public sex to make sure she doesn't ho around??

I'm sure that makes sense in the book? haha

I like my men possessive too, so unfortunately this is probably not a book for me either. Dang it! I love hot vikings

Maya Shari Kay wrote: "I like my men possessive too, so unfortunately this is probably not a ..."

It makes more sense when you're reading the book. Everything is new to her, she is learning that sex can be pleasurable and she kinda likes to have sex when she can watch or be watched.

Sorry this one is not for you. Hope your next book will be better. :)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Fantastic review, Maya!;)

message 10: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Arianna wrote: "Fantastic review, Maya!;)"

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews Great review, exactly how I felt after reading it. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would

message 12: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "Great review, exactly how I felt after reading it. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would"

Thanks. I know exactly how you feel. At first I was unsure, if I would even like it but at the end I became a fan. :D Glad you liked it, too. :)

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Awesome review, Maya :)

message 14: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Awesome review, Maya :)"

Thank you, Elise. :) xoxo