Lea (drumsofautumn)'s Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

bookshelves: favourites, top-books-of-2013, read-2020
Read 3 times. Last read July 27, 2020 to August 2, 2020.

“The fire of Brigan's heart was astounding. Fire understood, and almost could not believe, that the feeling he was sending her was love.”

Every time I reread this book it really only manifests itself more as an all-time favourite. I love Fire as a main character, she is one of the most complex main characters with so many nuances and emotions to her. Brigan is literally one of the best, soft male love interests in the entirety of YA. And don't even get me started on the wonderful cast in general, or the world building, or the storyline, the political intrigue, the villain... I could go on and on and on.
I think this book, as this entire trilogy, is an absolutely masterpiece that was ahead of its time.

First read in March 2013 in German (5 stars).
Reread in December 2015 (5 stars).
Reread in July 2020 with Melanie ♥ (5 stars).

Instagram | Blog | Booktube Channel | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

March 24, 2013 – Started Reading
March 25, 2013 –
page 67
13.14% (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 27, 2013 –
page 121
23.73% (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 30, 2013 –
page 228
44.71% (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 31, 2013 –
page 303
59.41% (Other Hardcover Edition)
April 1, 2013 –
page 361
70.78% (Other Hardcover Edition)
April 2, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 8, 2015 –
page 243
December 10, 2015 –
page 421
87.71% "I am actually loving this even more than the first time I read it! IT'S JUST SO GOOOOOOOODDD"
December 10, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 27, 2020 – Started Reading
July 29, 2020 –
page 272
56.67% "I'm realizing I really have zero tolerance or patience for shitty men these days."
August 2, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by EJ (new)

EJ Graham This sounds like such a good book, I might have to add it to my reading list...once I've finished all the other books I've not started yet lol

Lea (drumsofautumn) EJ wrote: "This sounds like such a good book, I might have to add it to my reading list...once I've finished all the other books I've not started yet lol"

hahaha I feel you, I feel you!!! I do really love this series though and think it's so worth it 💜

message 3: by EJ (new)

EJ Graham Lea (drumsofautumn) wrote: "EJ wrote: "This sounds like such a good book, I might have to add it to my reading list...once I've finished all the other books I've not started yet lol"

hahaha I feel you, I feel you!!! I do rea..."

I haven't even BOUGHT two of the books I was most looking forward to this year. Added to which I've decided to re-read one of my favourite series as a kid (...only the 23 books to work through lol) once I've managed to finish off a Harry Potter re-read.

Boy, the only thing I overcomplicate more than my reading is my writing XD

message 4: by Eric (new)