Michelle 's Reviews > Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

bookshelves: cracked-me-up, second-chance, paranormal

5 Creepy But Cute Stars!
I loved this one! I was up all night laughing reading this one. It was different. I'd say the love story was on the back burner during this one. Well...the love between North and Andie anyway. lol The love between Andie and the kids Carter and Alice was strong.
North and Andie are divorced but Andie is still getting alimony checks from North and it's been ten years. Andie hasn't cashed any of them and she wants North to stop sending them to her. She's ready to move on from North and can't because every month that damn check comes and makes her think about him.
North is very closed off. His work is more important than anything else it seems. But two years ago a distant cousin dies and makes North the legal guardian of his two kids. The kids refuse to leave their house so North has hired a nanny. The nanny's keep quitting and North doesn't know what to do until he sees Andie come in his office. He asks her to go stay with the kids and see if she can get them straightened out so they can come home. Andie is a teacher and she has a strong personality. She would be the perfect person to fix these kids. And deep down North doesn't want Andie to move on.
So Andie agrees to move into this house with the kids and a housekeeper for a month.
This is when things started getting a little creepy.
This was not a house. It was a huge ass mansion that they brought over from England and the damn thing came with furniture and ghosts. I didn't know if the ghosts were real or not but I knew something wasn't right. The housekeeper was a creepy drunk. The kids were both quiet and very distant. I felt really sorry for the kids. Their mom died giving birth to Alice. Then their dad died not long after that. Then their aunt died and then North wouldn't leave his work behind so they got a Nanny, a drunk housekeeper and the haunted mansion.
I loved Andie! She went in there and got right to work with these kids. She was awesome. Getting them to open up and eventually love her.
Carter loved to read and draw. Carter also was very protective of Alice. I loved how close these two were. Alice stole the book though. She had to be bribed to do anything. She loved her music and bling. She had a wicked temper and we got to see it often. I loved how Andie took to these kids and pretty much said they were hers and fought for them. Then eventually got North there to see what a dumb ass he had been for not being there all along.
Is there really ghosts in the house that are hurting who ever tries to take these kids away from the house? Or is it the creepy drunk housekeeper playing tricks? Maybe it's the dead aunt May coming back. You will have to read to find out.
If you love a good ghost story this is a book you should read. I couldn't put it down. It made me laugh many times. I loved it. Once again JC you had this girl up all night reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe This Time.

December 5, 2015 – Started Reading
December 5, 2015 – Shelved
December 5, 2015 –
31.0% "I'm really liking this one! I hope it stays good:))"
December 5, 2015 –
47.0% "O.O! This is kind of creepy! lol"
December 6, 2015 –
74.0% "“Is there something moving over there?” Dennis said. “Or am I tipsy?” “Yes,” Isolde said. “There’s something moving and you’re drunk.” She turned back to the table. “Harold, find out what the hell is going on.” Oh, hell, not Harold, May said. He keeps hitting on me. I don’t know what the hell he thinks we can do. We’re both fucking dead. He thinks you can do dead fucking, Andie thought. Bahahahahaha!!"
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: paranormal
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: cracked-me-up
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: second-chance
December 6, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Wonderful review, Michelle!:))

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ Creepy and cute...NICE!!! Fabulous review darlin!!! Glad you enjoyed!!! :))

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten I LMAO at your review! You'll have to let me know if it was creepy housekeepers or ghosts. Awesome review Michelle!!! xo

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Love you review sweetie ;)

message 5: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Grat review, Michelle!! :)) xox

message 6: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Fabulous review, Michelle! :)

message 7: by Dirty Dayna (new)

Dirty Dayna creepy but cute stars hahahahahah

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Fab review Michelle!! xx

message 9: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Great review! Xoxo

message 10: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Awesome review, Michelle! xx

message 11: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,sweetheart.This sounds great!!

Michelle Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ wrote: "Creepy and cute...NICE!!! Fabulous review darlin!!! Glad you enjoyed!!! :))"

Thanks Jamie! It was creepy but not a dark read like I'm used to. lol

Arianna wrote: "Wonderful review, Michelle!:))"

Thanks a bunch Arianna:))

Michelle Kirsten wrote: "I LMAO at your review! You'll have to let me know if it was creepy housekeepers or ghosts. Awesome review Michelle!!! xo"

Haha! Thanks Kirsten! I didn't know how else to describe it. It was not like our normal dark reads so I had to throw the cute in there. Lmao!!

Michelle Candace wrote: "Fabulous review, Michelle! :)"

NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Grat review, Michelle!! :)) xox"

Thanks so much Candace and Nicoleta:))

Michelle Dirty Dayna wrote: "creepy but cute stars hahahahahah"

Haha! It was not a normal dark creepy read for me. I'm used to blood and shit when I read something creepy. I couldn't figure out how else to describe it. Lmao!

Michelle Sabrina wrote: "Great review! Xoxo"

Jennifer wrote: "Fab review Michelle!! xx"

Thanks so much Jennifer and Sabrina:))

Michelle Judith wrote: "Great review,sweetheart.This sounds great!!"

Brandi wrote: "Awesome review, Michelle! xx"

Thanks so much Judith and Brandi:))

ღFloღ the coffee addict Amazing review, Michelle!! Glad it was a win for you. ;D

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog TERRIFIC review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Excellent review Michelle! = ))

message 21: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Fantastic review Michelle!

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura Fantastic review, Michelle! (;

Michelle Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "TERRIFIC review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo"

ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Amazing review, Michelle!! Glad it was a win for you. ;D"

Thanks a bunch Flo and Patty:))

Michelle Kathleen wrote: "Fantastic review Michelle!"

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Excellent review Michelle! = ))"

Thanks a bunch Sue and Kathleen:))

Michelle Laura wrote: "Fantastic review, Michelle! (;"

Thanks so much Laura:))