Holly *Confessions of a Lit Chick*'s Reviews > Edge of Obsession

Edge of Obsession by Megan Crane

Dec 05, 2015

Thank you St. Martin’s Press for an arc of this book! (Read through Netgalley).

A sexy, drag me to your cave and do what you wanna, read!

Imagine, it's the future, the world has been partially flooded and the idea of lights and the internet is a myth, a legend that can't be true. A place where women are trapped in a patriarchal society, again! What are they good for? Breeding. Every winter women on the Mainland are trapped in a marriage for that season, their duty is to conceive and continue the human race. Sex is a duty. But, the Raiders, their enemy, who pillage the Mainlands villages and live for pleasure and fighting are almost animalistic Gods!

Helena, our main protagonist is sassy and desperate to escape the clutches of a self-titled king before winter and fulfil her families secret mission before she ends up dead. Her way out? Bad-mouthing a Raider named Tyr, a man who takes what he wants when he wants it, whether it be sex, villages or someone's life. It just so happens Helena is what he wants everywhere and anywhere and will now be his prisoner. But, did she trade one evil for another?

This read was so sexy, and steamy and just swoon worthy! I'm pretty sure my kindle nearly combusted!

One thing: I hated whenever Tyr, our ripped and tatted caveman, called Helana an "asshole" totally NOT sexy. LUCKILY, that only happened around three times.... So, I will overlook that. I would have preferred a little more action in the plot, since a lot of the action happened in the bedroom, in public, in the woods.... You get my drift.

A very naughty, yet primitive read.

4 stars! I look forward to the next, there will be a next, right?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Obsession.

Started Reading