Cathy's Reviews > Lost

Lost by Cathy Ostlere

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: cathy-s-books
Read 2 times

For anyone who has lost a loved sibling, this book will resonate with the story of a brother and sister who change each other’s lives. LOST will also appeal to the reader whose interest in true adventure stories includes the examination of what it means to be passionate, alive, and committed to one’s dreams.

I am the author Cathy Ostlere. For information on the book or to contact me please visit cathy-ostlere.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost.

Quotes Cathy Liked

Cathy Ostlere
“Listen, Miss, boats are supposed to float. Even if they break up, they usually still float and show up on a shore somewhere. There have been no reports of wreckage or abandoned boats. At this point, no news is still good news. Don't worry. It's too early to worry.”
Cathy Ostlere, Lost

Cathy Ostlere
“Women can go mad with insomnia.
The sleep-deprived roam houses that have lost their familiarity. With tea mugs in hand, we wander rooms, looking on shelves for something we will recognize: a book title, a photograph, the teak-carved bird -- a souvenir from what place? A memory almost rises when our eyes rest on a painting's grey sweep of cloud, or the curve of a wooden leg in a corner. Fingertips faintly recall the raised pattern on a chair cushion, but we wonder how these things have come to be here, in this stranger's home.
Lost women drift in places where time has collapsed. We look into our thoughts and hearts for what has been forgotten, for what has gone missing. What did we once care about? Whom did we love? We are emptied. We are remote. Like night lilies, we open in the dark, breathe in the shadowy world. Our soliloquies are heard by no one.”
Cathy Ostlere, Lost