Rane's Reviews > A Hearing Heart

A Hearing Heart by Bonnie Dee

1987431

bookshelves: western, keeper, american-setting

Another enjoyable read by Bonnie Dee! Her characters always get me at the heart-strings and no one more so the Jim, whose had to deal with his deafness all alone in the world, until he meets Catherine a local schoolteacher whom not only saves him from some evil local guys, but starts to teach him sign.
Jim even though he couldn't speak, your able to get into his mindset early on and understand, while he may not be able to talk or hear, it doesn't mean he's not smart, he's very smart but just needs to be shown the way (plus he rocks at anything math and that's total brownie points in my book as I suck at all that is math) I loved and adore for him, and how true he was to his heart. He was so tender with Catherine whom he knew had more to lose then him. Which on one hand I to could understand and on another didn't as I felt while Catherine was a strong lead, hid away to much for my taste, then again perhaps because I love Jim and wanted him to be happy and for Catherine to hurry up and make up her mind and stop running.
Expect for that one little niche of the story, I loved everything about A Hearing Heart and Bonnie Dee's very human characters are truly like friends and people you want to meet and love by the time you reach the last page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hearing Heart.

February 5, 2011 – Shelved
February 7, 2011 – Started Reading
February 7, 2011 – Shelved as: western
February 9, 2011 – Shelved as: keeper
February 9, 2011 –
February 9, 2011 – Finished Reading
March 27, 2011 – Shelved as: american-setting

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Denise Wow! This one looks good Rane, can't wait to see your review.

Fani *loves angst* You picked it up! Can't wait to see what you think Rane. I loved it!

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan Looks very original. Looking forward to the review!

Nissie Lambert Sounds like a great read,Rane! Love your review :)

Sondra I read this story too and enjoyed it very much. Really understood what it must of been like for the hearing impaired back years ago.

message 6: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Rane! Is this only in ebook?

message 7: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Sounds interesting Rane! Nice review.

message 8: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Feb 09, 2011 10:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani *loves angst* Great review Rane! I loved that one immensely, good to see I'm not the only one to fall for it or sweet Jim:)

Rane MelissaB wrote: "Sounds interesting Rane! Nice review."

Nissie wrote: "Sounds like a great read,Rane! Love your review :)"

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Sondra wrote: "I read this story too and enjoyed it very much. Really understood what it must of been like for the hearing impaired back years ago."

I could only imagine what Jim and other whom have this disability must have gone through, but I thought Bonnie Dee did a wonderful job with this wonderful story

message 11: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane AgentScully wrote: "Fab review Rane! Is this only in ebook?"

Thank you Scully, Yes, it's only in ebook format