Carissa's Reviews > Reckless Fear

Reckless Fear by Micki Fredricks

bookshelves: arc-s-2015

Waw!! that's all I can say. And that ending, hmmm... it had me in shambles. Ms. Fredricks starts us off with a riveting and gut wrenchingly dark start to Reckless. Chapter one definitely epitomizes the name of the novel as well as setting the pace for a gripping storyline.

Living on the streets for numerous years. Hungry, malnourished, beaten and raped. Ben has nothing to lose when he steps into the Vipers presence. Looking for a way off the streets, he bargains for a chance to join the lethal MC.

I'd lived my life in the shadows until now but here I was, totally exposed and in the middle of a nightmare.

Saved from the streets at sixteen, Tight (Ben) Everly became the Sergeant-at-Arms of The Black Viper MC. Years later, Tight has made a name for himself. Along with being the most deadly member of the MC, he's seeking revenge on an enemy MC, that brutally took the life of the Club's Queen. The Prez's Old Lady. A woman that mothered him, when he was taken in, and showered him with love.

Tight has been having nightmares from his past, that weighs heavily upon his shoulders. Sweet memories of a young girl, Sasha, that gave herself over to the lost boy. A boy that wanted to give her everything, but couldn't even fathom tarnishing her beautiful soul. He had nothing to offer her, living on the streets, scrounging around for food. Leaving her behind was the hardest decision he has ever made. But he knew it would be for the best. She was his salvation.

As Tight puts these memories to bay, he gets himself shot. In recovery at the hospital, he meets a young woman by the name of Julie, a woman whose touch electrifies him. Something about Julie reminds him of his Sasha. As he pursues her, in efforts to force Julie to admit she is Sasha, his enemies come looking for him. One way or the other they will take him out.

Both Tight and Sasha's demons will haunt them, secrets will be revealed, and identities of dead men will transcend the grave to choak the life out of the living. Sasha's owns fears and her past will bring the wrath of some deadly enemies upon the MC.

"Sin is never free.. It takes payment, one way or another."

This was a thrilling read by Micki Fredricks. I read this in one sitting and couldn't seem to get enough. The feelings of despair still hangs tightly to my heart, as I traverse in my mind the next instalment. Wonderfully developed, with flamboyant and fierce secondary characters. Something about Braxton is getting me excited. Maybe a book for him *wink*

*ARC provided by Enticing Journey Book PR on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless Fear.

December 3, 2015 – Started Reading
December 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 4, 2015 – Shelved
December 4, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-s-2015

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Great review, honey!! :D
I love the last quote!!! xox

Carissa NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Great review, honey!! :D
I love the last quote!!! xox"

Thanks! babe. Me too

message 3: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Great review, Carissa.

Carissa Suzanne wrote: "Great review, Carissa."

Thanks! Suzanne.

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Great review Carissa!

Carissa Kathleen wrote: "Great review Carissa!"

Thanks! Kathleen

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog FAB review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo

Carissa Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "FAB review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo"

Thanks! hun

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Terrific review Babe!! Im I'm such a cover whore because it's HAWT! LOL :)

Carissa ♥Sonya ♥ wrote: "Terrific review Babe!! Im I'm such a cover whore because it's HAWT! LOL :)"

Thanks hun. lol. I know right. This cover had me drooling.