Becky's Reviews > His to Take

His to Take by Katee Robert

Dec 03, 2015

A short (I read almost the whole thing during a single lunch break last week) but H-O-T addition--and final offering from--Ms. Robert's Out of Uniform series of 3 novels and 2 novellas. His to Take brings the series to a satisfying conclusion and would probably work fine as a standalone--but really, the entire series is definitely worth a read, so why wouldn't you ? ;)

Erin and Warren are lovers with a (secret--or is it?) past--he's in the Marines, she's been trying to make a name for herself on Broadway, but when they're both in town the sparks have a tendency to fly like crazy. Erin (aka "Mini Me"--bizarrely, her mother named her two children Aaron and Erin, much to her younger child's chagrin) is trying to keep the fact that she was fired from her last-big-chance show and is back in town for good on the down-low, though, so she's less than thrilled to see that Warren's around too. Afraid he'll figure out the truth, she tries to keep her distance from him, but she's no match for his sexily tempting game of truth or dare...

(This made two books in a row--after Say You're Mine --that utilized that game in some pretty creative ways. I had no idea what I've been missing out on all these years...)

Reading about Erin and Warren's night of crazy dares and truths was a lot of fun, and it was easy to root for them to get the chance to be a real couple at last. Since the "fix" for their relationship isn't terribly complicated, it makes sense that their story plays out in a novella. The fact that it's all happening during the holiday season is the sweet icing on top of a slice of naughtily indulgent cake.

(Not fruitcake, though, because that stuff's just wrong on every possible level. Just saying.

Aaaand...clearly I've spent too much time writing papers this weekend. Is the semester over yet???)

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His to Take.

December 3, 2015 – Started Reading