Siobhan Davis's Reviews > Say You're Mine

Say You're Mine by Diane Alberts

Dec 03, 2015

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, review-copy, romance, series

This is a well-written 'friends to lovers' story and an entertaining quick read. Steven is a Navy Seal who has returned from his stint overseas struggling to deal with the horrors he faced. He's been in self-destruct mode since then, drowning in booze and women. Lauren has been his best friend since forever. At the same juncture, they both seem to realize that they have more than friendly feelings toward each other and the story is essentially about their transition to lovers.

There is plenty of witty dialogue and tons of sexy scenes, and it's signature Entangled/Brazen.

I enjoyed Diane's writing style and the two mains were solidly developed and likable despite their flaws. I also liked Holt and Lydia and they were decent side characters. I assume Mark and Daisy's story is coming next and I look forward to reading that in the future.

For me, this book felt like it was missing an element. The story is purely about the romance and generally, I only enjoy contemporary romance where there is an extra dimension or layer to the plot. For example, with Elle Kennedy's Out of Hours series and Jennifer L. Armentrout's Gamble Brothers series (both from the same publishing house) there was a mystery/suspense/dramatic sub-plot running behind each romance that made it more intriguing and added more depth.

That said, I still massively enjoyed reading this book and if you are a fan of this series, or of this author, in general, then I think you'll love it.

Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

Thanks to the publisher and Inkslinger PR for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. This review will be published to my blog in due course.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say You're Mine.

December 3, 2015 – Started Reading