Liz's Reviews > Only the Good Spy Young

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Feb 04, 2011

OTGSP was absolutely brilliant. I’ve loved the Gallagher Girls series from the beginning but this was probably one of my favourites so far. Ally Carter has definitely upped the ante; things are a bit darker in this book, and the problems can’t all easily be solved and wrapped up quickly and neatly. Zach – oh dear me. Possibly one of my favourite male characters of all time? I adore him. He’s such a mystery; he can be sweet and caring, and sometimes when he’s with Cammie you just can’t help but feel like they really ought to hurry up and get together. But other times he can be cold and professional as if he were never nice to begin with. I just didn’t know what to make of him, all I knew was that I felt just as confused as Cammie. And then you find out some truly shocking things...there were so many “OMG” moments in this book that both answered questions and yet made me want to ask even more. Finding out a bit more about Zach was definitely one of the most interesting parts; and even after everything, I still love him. Cammie’s friends are also really great characters; very loyal, very funny and always willing to put themselves in undesirable situations to help out. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book – I’m hoping we’ll get to the bottom of everything sometime soon, because the suspense is killing me :P.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only the Good Spy Young.