Riku Sayuj's Reviews > American Gods

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1651956
's review
Feb 04, 2011

liked it
Recommended to Riku by: Vibhor Sahare
Read from August 03 to 12, 2008

Simply brilliant. Loved every page.
16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Gods.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

02/06/2016 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanuj (new)

Tanuj Solanki but why only three stars?


Riku Sayuj Hmmm... Dont remember why I gave 3 stars.. probably in anger at the author for that ending... deserves 4 stars though.

i was actually transferring an excel sheet of read books to goodreads, so didnt reconsider the ratings I had given in the sheet..


Laura "loved every page." Yup. Me too. But -- three stars? dude.

Have you read the short story sequel, The Monarch of the Glen? It's just a brilliant capstone. Has a line I just love. Shadow fights a monster, and the narrator pulls back a little from his perspective (maybe) and say something like "He was Beowulf and Grendel, he was Theseus and the Minotaur, he was every hero who ever stood between the firelight and the darkness, and wiped the blood of something inhuman from his sword." That gets deeper and deeper the more I think about it.


Riku Sayuj Laura wrote: ""loved every page." Yup. Me too. But -- three stars? dude.

Have you read the short story sequel, The Monarch of the Glen? It's just a brilliant capstone. Has a line I just love. Shadow fig..."



I read it at a time when I had no great knowledge of the underlying mythology. Still loved it, but as I said above I have no clue why three stars, I am allowed to revise my old ratings only on rereading...


Laura Riku wrote: "I read it at a time when I had no great knowledge of the underlying mythology. Still loved it, but as I said above I have no clue why three stars, I am allowed to revise my old ratings only on rereading... "

Oh, interesting! I just changed one of my ratings without any gruff from the program.


Riku Sayuj Laura wrote: "Riku wrote: "I read it at a time when I had no great knowledge of the underlying mythology. Still loved it, but as I said above I have no clue why three stars, I am allowed to revise my old ratings..."

:) by my own rules, not by gr rules.


message 7: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark McGuire What was brilliant about it?


back to top