Amy 's Reviews > Say You're Mine

Say You're Mine by Diane Alberts

18019707
Dec 03, 2015

bookshelves: 2015, review-books, 5-stars

“I don’t have a clue what the hell I’m doing, or how this ends, but I’m gonna fight for this–whatever the hell it is, or whatever it could be–because with you, I’m me. The real me. But first, I’m going to become a man that is worthy of you, and then I’m never gonna let you go.”

Such a great friends to lovers romance! Say You’re Mine is the 5th book in the Shillings Agency series, but can totally be read as a stand-alone.

So, once again, I’m reading this series out of order and am totally kicking myself for not reading this series sooner!!! Say You’re Mine is well written and intrigued me from the very first page. I am a sucker for a good friends to lovers romance and I gotta tell you, this one does not disappoint. I don’t know how these two avoided their chemistry for so long because I gotta tell you, their chemistry; it was SCORCHING! I mean HOT. Steven and Lauren burned up the pages together. I loved the deep and intense friendship that they shared. They had incredible push and pull and I could not wait to see these two stop fighting what they wanted.

Steven was intense, domineering and possessive. Lauren is the only person he’s ever been able to be himself around. She brought him back to life when he thought all was lost. So, he’s trying to be very careful to not blur the lines with her. And Lauren, she’s always had a thing for Steven, but just assumed that they were destined to only be friends. But, when an opportunity presents itself, Lauren can’t help but take the risk and try to take Steven for hers….

What can I say about Say You’re Mine? Well, Say You’re Mine was a quick and easy read for me. I devoured Steven and Lauren’s story. I could not get enough of these two. I loved that their story was told from dual points of view, so you really got to understand where both of the characters were coming from. Lauren and Steven’s story gave me everything that I was looking for and so much more. I loved the angst and the romance. God, the angst really tugged at my heart and made me so excited to see how things would play out. And the romance! Steven made my heart swoon! With lines like these: “Let me be yours, and say you’re mine.” and “Your laugh makes me think the future isn’t so bleak. It gives me hope for a better life. A better world. If you’re in it, it’s brighter. There’s just no escaping it.” and “For you? I’ll promise it all.”: it was impossible to not fall in love with him, no matter how much he frustrated me!!”

I really enjoyed Say You’re Mine. I can’t wait to go back and discover the rest of the books in this series!

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say You're Mine.

December 3, 2015 – Started Reading