Jayme's Reviews > Subordination: Chronicles of a Domme

Subordination by Katie Ashley

29482055

bookshelves: 2015-releases, bawling-my-eyes-out, emotional, erotic-romance, refreshing, steamy-sexual-tension, bdsm

I decided to read it out of curiosity. The same description is interesting and original. But I was a little afraid that it will be too much on the edge, the thing is it wasn't as I expected, at all.

About the plot: Sophie aka Mistress Juliette works as a Domme at the Club 1740. She decided to be a dominatrix to be able to graduate and pay bills of Ranch where live her brother and sick father. She does not feel the pleasure of domination over men, it was her work that she decided to take. But in her last night at the club she met the man who rocked her world and broke down all her principles.

William works in an environment that requires him to dominate and responsibilities, so in his spare time he participates in submissive games in the club. He had a very good time with Soph during their play scene. However, he wasn't aware that this is her last night at the club.

Chance had it that the two meet in the real world and he was determined to get from her another night. They start something that none of them will be able to stop, even when the situation complicated even more. Starting with the fact that she never wanted to be in D/s relationship.

“I don’t want just to be with you sexually again, Sophie. I want to see where this could go long term.”

Final thoughts: It was not what I expected, because it was even romantic, and after the description and BDSM scenes involving a dominant woman and submissive man that really surprised me. Although I am not able to understand quite such a relationship that was really favorable book. There were different scenes, not only related to BDSM, so I suspect that everyone will find something for themselves.

When it comes to the same story and the relationship of the main characters that has captivating and surprising course of events. Only at one point, a little out of control, which I not much enjoyed, but it comes back on a good track.

“I don’t always have to have pain to get off. It just heightens everything for me. It’s like the difference in jerking off compared to coming inside a tight pussy.”

However, this what consumed me completely, is touching story of Sophie father's illness. It was so emotional that I cried like a baby. It gave a really sensational development of history and a good ending.

After all, I don't think that it's a book for everyone. There is one good sentence that proves it. But if you like to test your limits and try something new it is definitely worth your attention.

“...Some get off on words, others BDSM.”

***Quick Review:***

Series: Stand-alone.
Grade/Tag Tabs: Erotic Romance.
Release Date: December 17, 2015.
Main characters: Sophie Jameson, twenty-four years old, works as a Domme at the Club 1740 to keep bills for sick father and to be able to finish studies. William Foster, thirty-two years, works in an environment that requires him to dominate and responsibilities, so in his spare time he participates in submissive games in the club.
Secondary characters: Very touching story of the heroine's father in the background.
Location: Atlanta and Whitfield County, Georgia.
Steamy: (view spoiler)
Sensitive topic: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Next in the series? No.

***

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Subordination.

December 3, 2015 – Shelved
December 21, 2015 – Shelved as: refreshing
December 21, 2015 – Shelved as: steamy-sexual-tension
December 21, 2015 – Shelved as: bdsm
December 21, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Sweetie! :)
xoxo

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Great review, dove :)!

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, Jayme!xx

message 4: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Awesome review, Jayme! :)

Alba and Her Secrets..♥ Fab reiview, sweets!! :) xx

message 6: by Rin (new)

Rin W. Vitale Wonderful review, Jayme ♥

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle Great review Jayme! Glad you enjoyed this :)

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Sounds like you had a great read. Love the unexpected. Fab review hun! xo

message 9: by Beverly (new) - added it

Beverly Great review, Jayme! xx

message 10: by Olga (new)

Olga Fab review, Jayme! :)

message 11: by Dali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dali Great review Jayme, awesome graphics!! And I totally agree with you :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Great review, Jayme! xo

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent review as always! xoxo ♥

ღFloღ the coffee addict Great review, Jayme!! xx

Jayme Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "Enjoy Sweetie! :)
xoxo"

Thanks, Patty!

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Great review, dove :)!"

Thank you, Elise!:)

Arianna wrote: "Terrific review, Jayme!xx"

Thank you, Arianna!xx

Brandi wrote: "Awesome review, Jayme! :)"

Thank you, Brandi!:)))))

Alba and Her Secrets..♥ wrote: "Fab reiview, sweets!! :) xx"

Thank you, Alba!:))

Rin wrote: "Wonderful review, Jayme ♥"

Thank you, Rin!:)

Elle wrote: "Great review Jayme! Glad you enjoyed this :)"

Thank you, Elle!:)

Kirsten wrote: "Sounds like you had a great read. Love the unexpected. Fab review hun! xo"

Thank you, sweetheart!xoxo

Beverly wrote: "Great review, Jayme! xx"

Thank you, Beverly!:)

Olga wrote: "Fab review, Jayme! :)"

Thank you, Olga!:)

Dali wrote: "Great review Jayme, awesome graphics!! And I totally agree with you :)"

Thank you, Dali so much!:)

Anna ☘ wrote: "Great review, Jayme! xo"

Thank you, Anna!:))

Madeleine wrote: "Excellent review as always! xoxo ♥"

Thank you, Madeleine!:)

ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Great review, Jayme!! xx"

Thank you, Flo!xoxo