Wendy MacKnight's Reviews > The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society

The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society by Janet Sumner Johnson

bookshelves: 2015-reads

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and am I ever glad I did, because I want to spread the word about this fun adventure story!

First of all, the cover is killer and I think will definitely make kids want to see what's going on inside. From the very first page the reader is completely taken with Annie and her best friend Jason, the two members of the PB&J Society. Navigating family tensions, a new and odd friendship with an old foe, trying to maintain their boy-girl friendship in the face of teasing, and their desire to figure out a way to ensure that the PB&J Society doesn't have to disband, we root for them every step of the way. What I really love is how real their friendship feels - with its ups and downs - and how Johnson doesn't take the easy way out at the end, as some authors might have. There are many valuable lessons for kids in this book, but they are hidden in the sandwich. I for one hope that we get more of Annie's story, because she is just such a fun and perfectly imperfect character. This book is sweet and funny and clever and very well written and I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society.

December 3, 2015 – Started Reading