Michael's Reviews > Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilization

Magicians of the Gods by Graham Hancock

41201214

Recommended to Michael by: Michael

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of Graham Hancock and just finished meeting him while on signing tour of this exact book. Therefore, this review will certainly be biasly written in the positive.

Mr. Hancock has a remarkable ability to connect dots of antiquity. The lines he connects illuminate a cataclysmic event that caused unfathomable and practically instantaneous changes to the earth which resulted in mass extinctions and nearly wiped out humanity as well. The mounting peer-reviewed scientific evidence from various fields of study make a solid case that humanity is in fact much older than we have been led to believe. Advanced civilizations of antiquity displayed remarkable feats of engineering and astronomy to a degree of mastery that we hardly have today, that knowledge was nearly lost forever. Hancock even goes as far as to point out many uncanny parallels from the ancient dynasties of egypt to Plato to the Mayans and many more cultural tales. Normally dismissed as myth, these stories that have stood the test of time and show up from around the world may actually be another form of the same message written on magnificent astrologically aligned megaliths. If this theory is correct, the message that screams from the ancient past speaks to an 80 year window 11,600 years in the future its conception. That window is in our time - from 1960-2040. Observe the stars, for extinction events come in the from deep space like a bullet from a sniper rifle. Fortunately we are advanced enough to protect ourselves... but are we smart enough as a collective species to concentrate our efforts to protect all of humanity and the earth we live on? So far, it seems not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magicians of the Gods.

December 2, 2015 – Shelved