Kelly (the book hussy)'s Reviews > Adrift

Adrift by Sarah Darlington

This is book 4 in the Kill Devil Hills series. I'm so happy to finally get Ben's story!! It's been a long time coming.

I really liked Juniper. I was curious who would be Ben's love interest. I'm glad it was a new character. Juniper is not from OBX, so she has no idea about Ben's history and his fake death. This allowed Ben to relax and be himself. I loved watching them start out as friends and become more. Ben was a little frustrating at times as he pushed her away when she needed him most.

I was hoping there would be more interaction between Ben and his sister Georgie. If you read book one (Georgie's book) you know what Georgie does after finding out her brother died. I really wish they would have had some sort of discussion about it. We know Ben's not comfortable being around his sister because he feels terrible. But unfortunately, the topic was never brought up.

This book can definitely be read as a standalone, but it's a great series. You'll fall in love with these characters and want to read more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adrift.

December 2, 2015 – Shelved