Jen Ifer's Inklings's Reviews > Message in a Bottle

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

Feb 04, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2013, 2013-nicholas-sparks-challenge, 2013-challenge-off-the-shelf
Read from February 08 to April 22, 2013

I had a hard time getting into this book. It wasn't until I hit 70% or so that I really wanted to finish the book. I cried ugly tears for the last 5% of the book. But that seems to be expected of Sparks' books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Message in a Bottle.

Quotes Jen Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face - I know it's an impossibility, but I cannot help myself.”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's impossible to protect your kids against disappointment in life.”

Nicholas Sparks
“She was everything I wanted. She was beautiful and charming, with a quick sense of humor, and she supported me in everything I did.”

Nicholas Sparks
“If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Theresa, I know there's a part of you that believes you can change someone, but the reality is that you can't. You can change yourself, and Garrett can change himself, but you can't do it for him.”

Nicholas Sparks
“But because they didn't see each other very often, their relationship had more ups and downs than either of them had experienced before. Since everything felt right when they were together, everything felt wrong when they weren't. ”

Nicholas Sparks
“I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you.”

Nicholas Sparks
“It is at moments like these that I know my what my purpose is in life. I am here to love you, to hold you in my arms, to protect you. I am here to learn from you and to receive your love in return.I am here because there is no other place to be.”

02/18/2013
03/04/2013
32.0% "The "flashback" scenes are a little difficult to follow. I'll be reading along, and all of a sudden I'll have to go back and re-read a section, because I'll be halfway through a flashback with no warning."
04/08/2013
62.0% "Finally picking up a little bit and I'm finding myself wanting to read it."
show 5 hidden updates…