C Joy's Reviews > Sex Symbol

Sex Symbol by Tracey H. Kitts

2711937
Feb 04, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, vampires-and-werewolves, shapeshifters
Read from February 05 to 06, 2011

This is the first novel I read from this author and though it was slow at first, things sped up after Lucy finally sleeping with her long-time platonic friend, Ozzy. The first person point of view was used effectively, and I liked the small secluded town setting. There were fewer characters and I appreciated it, the author described everything and wrote character backgrounds through Lucy and I really appreciated it. I hate those novels that made me feel I stumbled in the middle of something.

So, Lucy is currently nursing a broken heart and I just felt for her. After three years of being in a relationship with James he just broke things off because of another one. So she just stared and ogled at her hot and sexy new next-door neighbor for three weeks before talking to him. Before this she gets totally drunk and had sex with Oz and it was cool between them afterward. So she and Eramus got to know each other when he confessed he's a retired bounty hunter specializing with werewolves, and that he became one.

Things got more fast-paced from there, with werewolves chasing Lucy, her best friend's ex suddenly showed up and he's a werewolf too, and she bears a sex symbol, a rose tattoo and she's the supposed mate of an alpha male. Given the title I was expecting a lot of sex but there were only a few, and the graphic violence was described vividly.

I liked this a lot because it talked a lot about relationships - friendship between two women, a woman and a man, betrayals between friends you thought you knew, getting over something and starting a new relationship. I was touched with all those, it was unexpected in this novel. The paranormal angle gave it a twist though, it reminded me of the Sookie Stackhouse series because of the Southern state location, small town, people not what they seem. So, I'm reading the books in my queue next, since this is one of the few in my challenge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex Symbol.

02/05/2011