Christy's Reviews > Tiny Pretty Things

Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra

Dec 02, 2015

liked it

Trying to figure out where to start with this book. A list of the good, bad, and the ugly is probably the best. I listened to this and my only complaint with the audiobook is the voices all blur together, even though there's a multi person cast. I will be picking up and reading the second book when it comes out.

The Good:

-Crazy Train: Once the action starts, it just keeps going and doesn't stop. No rollercoaster here; you're on the train straight to hell with this one. It only gets crazier.

-Crazy Train pt 2: Really, no. Fans of Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl, this is totally for you. I'm totally in that category. I love reading books where things get crazy and then before you know it or can predict it, things get CRAZIER. These girls are flat out cutthroat. The adults in their lives aren't all that much better at controlling it, either.

The Bad:

-Indistinguishable characters: I often found myself asking, wait is this the one with the eating disorder? Or maybe she's the one that hates her mother. Aren't there multiple girls who hate their mother? Forget it.

The Ugly:

-The Pacing: My god this book is far too long. Yes, I get the slow build to introduce them into the world but by now everyone has seen Black Swan or Center Stage or Bunheads at least! The first 50% completely dragged. Luckily the back half made up for it or you'd see a two star rating with big ol' DNF on it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiny Pretty Things.

December 2, 2015 – Shelved
December 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 1, 2016 – Started Reading
July 1, 2016 –
July 3, 2016 –
July 5, 2016 –
July 8, 2016 –
65.0% "It's finally getting intense..."
July 9, 2016 –
July 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by YA (new) - added it

YA Wednesdays Just finished the audiobook and I found that it helped me to listen rather than read through the slower parts. This book was INTENSE.

Christy I tried to read book 2 and it just wasn't working for me =\

message 3: by YA (new) - added it

YA Wednesdays Just started it and I'm not sure I can last, to be honest. There are so many triggers for me, personally, in this series.