Silver James's Reviews > Walk Through Fire

Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, auto-buy-series, keeper, motorcycle, 2017-books-read, audio-books, library, reread, romance, suspense, 2018-books-read, 2019-books-read
Read 5 times. Last read February 12, 2019 to February 14, 2019.

Walk Through Fire (Chaos, #4) by Kristen Ashley This book kills me. Every. Time. And I'll admit, Hop (whom I really like) is a real douche. He also doesn't grovel nearly enough. Millie is much too forgiving of the brothers. Just sayin'. Millie and High/Lo (Logan). So many feels. And yeah, High was pretty much a douche too. Until he wasn't. Then he was all kinds of awesome. This is one of my favorites in the series.

July, 2018: Since I just re-listened to this book in May in order to follow up by reading ROUGH RIDE, there's not a whole lot I can add after doing the whole series re-read/listen in preparing for the newest release, WILD LIKE THE WIND. Millie and High just...dang. But there are kittens. Cute ones. That helps. I also need to buy this one in audio. It's the only one in the series I still have to get from the library. I should get on that with the next book budget.

May, 2018: On this 2nd listen, 3rd time through the book, I'm changing my rating from 4.5 to a full 5. This book just shreds my heart. It's one black moment after another for Millie and even the 3rd time through, I wonder just how many hits she can take before she breaks and before High gets his shit together. Highly emotional, ultimately satisfying.

[2017 audio review} Have I mentioned that many of Kristen Ashley's books are reading crack for me? That includes the Chaos books. This time through, I listened to the audio book. Narrator Kate Russell does a good job with the voice characterizations. While I got the audio version from the library, it is on my wish list at Audible. Eventually, I'll have all the Chaos goodness on my Audible app.

2015 Kindle review: Kristen Ashley books are like reading crack for me. Often, her characters are older--not as old as me LOL--but more mature than many heroes and heroines. That's a plus. She also has a writing voice that just sucks me in, along with creating memorable characters and interesting stories. WALK THROUGH FIRE is no exception. Millie Cross fell in love as a teenager and has carried the torch for 20 years, a shadow of her former self and unable to move on when her relationship with Chaos MC bad boy Logan "High" Judd ended badly. A chance encounter puts Millie back on High's radar and he's ready to get some of his back, thinking she'd walked away from him 20 years before for no good reason--or for all the wrong reasons, to his mind. Watching these two tread the minefield of their past, their present, the possibility of their future had me picking the longest checkout lines so I could read for a few minutes. This is one of my favorites of Ms. Ashley's books. And it made me go back to reread some of her others. Reading crack, I tell you! 4.5 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk Through Fire.

November 13, 2015 – Started Reading