Tanu Gill's Reviews > Strange Bedfellows

Strange Bedfellows by Cardeno C.

*4.5 stars*

TBH, I wasn't too keen on buying this book, even though the author is on my auto-buy list and I have read and loved almost all her books. The reason being that I hate politics, and avoid any discussions like an ostrich burying its head in the sand.

But one day, out of curiosity, I read some of the reviews made by other readers. It had been eating at me, that I wasn't giving this book a chance, so I did exactly that. And I am happy to have made that decision.

I loved Trevor and Ford. The shy and sincere side of Ford touched me deeply (and also gelled it in my mind that is must be fiction, because for the life of me, I can never expect that nature to belong to a "politician". But that's just me being jaded). Trevor's quirkiness, and adamancy about staying away from politics (which is so me), made me relate to him more than Ford. I loved to see him go for what he wanted with no holds barred!

The parents played such an amazing role in this. The last conversation between both the fathers was hilarious! An enjoyable read, but I don't really think I would be rereading it. Maybe that's cause of the politics plot, or maybe I felt something missing, I can't articulate. Cause I myself don't know it. The most I can say is, that despite being enjoyable, and somewhat memorable too, I just didn't fall for it as I did for, say, Perfect Imperfections. So yea, I won't be picking it up again, sorry!

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some fun amidst the boring "politics" talk!:-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Bedfellows.

December 2, 2015 – Started Reading
December 2, 2015 – Shelved
December 4, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Seelye I ❤️ Perfect Imperfections