Raghuram's Reviews > Abhaya

Abhaya by Saiswaroopa Iyer

Abhaya is an inspiration to the modern woman of today

The author has backed the story with very strong character like Abhaya who inspires you through out. This is a well narrated fiction makes you read again and again. Abhaya made me laugh, made me cry, made me think and question myself about my own existence. In many ways Abhaya's character can be referenced as an inspiration to the modern woman. The plot between Krishna and Abhaya are very well written. Especially I like the narration when the characters speak to their inner self at times through out the book, especially Krishna. At the end of the book I literally fell in love with Abhaya and I so much wanted a woman like Abhaya in my life if not I will name my daughter as Abhaya. There is so much more I would like to write in a review for a book I loved reading but I will convey my thoughts to the author personally. All I can say is I went through a range of emotions through out the book that left me speech less and I am happy that I have picked this book. I will ensure to refer this book to whoever I know is interested in reading mythological fiction. An excellent way to retell a story and many thanks to Swaroopa.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abhaya.

December 1, 2015 – Shelved