Marcela (BookaholicCat)'s Reviews > The Zero Dog War

The Zero Dog War by Keith Melton

Feb 03, 2011

4 ½ Stars

The description of the book already gives a lot away, so I won’t contribute with that. But I can tell you that after reading it you'd know what to expect from it and I guarantee you, you will find everything you were expecting and more.

This book had me cracking up page after page. And if I get wrinkles in my flawless face for laughing I’ll blame Mr. Melton. (He will receive the bill for my botox treatment.)

I love the characters, they are all different and unique in their sordid kind of way but together they make this perfect dysfunctional mercenary “family”. They are always pushing each other’s buttons but when the need arise they always look for each other.

Mr. Melton creativity has no limits and this book is a proof of that. There were some parts in which my normal human brain (not small by the way) was in completely awe with his imagination.

The only negative thing I can say about this book is that I won’t be able to enjoy Jell-o or oatmeal for at least couple of weeks… or months. (Thank you Ms. Melton.)

My final thought: This book is an EBOAFACS (Exploding Bomb of Awesome Fun And Crazy Stuff). As Capitan Andrea Walker said, the use of acronyms is as addicting as popping bubble wrap.

Can’t wait to read the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zero Dog War.

February 3, 2011 – Shelved
February 16, 2011 – Started Reading
February 16, 2011 –
page 29
12.72% "I'm loving this book. "... Cyborg dragons or Godzilla on crack. Hell a rampaging horde of menopausal lemmings..." LMAO"
February 16, 2011 –
page 108
47.37% ""And don't forget the goddamned glitter, so you sparkle in the midday sun..." LOL"
February 17, 2011 –
page 214
93.86% ""Great soundtrack, Capitan" RFLMAO"
February 17, 2011 – Finished Reading