Cait • A Page with a View's Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

bookshelves: high-fantasy, ya-fantasy

"Basically Game of Thrones for a younger audience" was my first reaction, but let me go back now and revise that to "Game of Thrones but better."

This first book is average, but by the 4th book this series is just straight up awesome. I love all of the characters (even the incompetent ones) and the plot never, ever gets dull. In Game of Thrones I'm usually either skimming or else like

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

Started Reading
November 26, 2015 – Finished Reading
November 28, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink Ahahahah "where are your clothes.." Your reviews are the shit

message 2: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko Great review, Cait!

message 4: by Terence (last edited May 01, 2016 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Terence Nice review. I only read the first book of this series, but I can't say it did a single thing better than any book in A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm glad you enjoy this book ao much, but I'm sorry to hear you aren't a fan of ASOIAF.

Cait • A Page with a View Terence wrote: "Nice review. I only read the first book of this series, but I can't say it did a single thing better than any book in A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm glad you enjoy this book ao much, but I'm sorry to ..."

This series does get way better as it goes, but it is definitely solidly YA.
And I loved the Game of Thrones tv show! Does that count? Ha.

Terence Cait wrote: "This series does get way better as it goes, but it is definitely solidly YA.
And I loved the Game of Thrones tv show! Does that count? Ha. "

I really didn't like this book so I can't imagine working up the interest to continue the series.

Enjoying the show counts for something, but I personally enjoy the book much more...except for the fact that GRRM takes forever to write and the show will probably finish a decade sooner than the books. The storylines and writing in the book just pull me in though I could live without knowing what everyone is eating.

Ashley • mommareads2me Your review saying the books get better is the only reason I'm going to give the next book a try. Book 1 just fell so flat for me and was sooo predictable.

Cait • A Page with a View @Ashley yeahhh it is. I think my 5 stars is more of a reflection of what the series becomes -- book 4 is the best so far! It gets better/more absurd in the third one.

Angela Auten Falling Kingdoms is my favorite series this year! I really can't wait for December anymore!!

Cait • A Page with a View Angela wrote: "Falling Kingdoms is my favorite series this year! I really can't wait for December anymore!!"

Right?!! So glad you're loving it :)