Vikas's Reviews > Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

bookshelves: owned, e-books

To be a classic and to be reader who avoided almost all the classic books so far. hmm like all things come to pass slowly but surely I am also catching up on my classic books and oh look at me, two 19th century books completed in a row :) .

Coming to the actual reason I am writing this, well everybody and their grandkids know the story of March sisters and March family and it was a revelation for me. Well the reason I avoided the classics was because I thought that since the books are old their english would be old english and difficult to read but what do you know or what did I know?

The language even though the book is almost 150 years old the language is very easy and book was wonderful to read and listen to. Thanks for (Time for another shout out) TTS on my Moon+ eBook reader I was able to finish the book in two days and it was surely fun to read the book in a go and to go on the journey of life with March sisters.

I liked the book very much and understand now why this book is so revered and is considered a classic and thankfully this one was fun and I would ask you if you like me have avoided this classic for so long then avoid no more and read it and more classics and then Keep on Reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Women.

November 28, 2015 – Shelved
November 28, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 19, 2018 – Started Reading
June 19, 2018 – Shelved as: owned
June 19, 2018 –
June 20, 2018 –
64.0% "still in progress but regular updates are necessary. After Ginger-Snaps published in 1870 which hopefully was the oldest book I read but then this one was published in 1869 which would be older and I plan to read Pride and Prejudice soon that was published in 1817 and then some Shakespear hmm that would indeed be older still."
June 20, 2018 –
81.0% "As per Moon+ reader at the current listening rate it will be 3 more hours before this life story of March sisters would be over."
June 20, 2018 –
82.0% "Last update for some time now, hopefully next update would be book finished and review."
June 20, 2018 – Finished Reading