Marsha's Reviews > Carrots

Carrots by Colleen Helme

1991207

I've been struggling for awhile now trying to find new series that are truly entertaining and will keep me interested while I wait for updated installments of my favorite reads. I think I just might have found one with "Carrots."

After witnessing a robbery of at bank located I side a grocery store, Shelby is grazed in the head with a bullet. After the pain begins to dissipate, she realizes that she now has the ability to hear people's thoughts. After meeting Kate, the gorgeous new lawyer at her husband's law firm, she realizes that this huzzy wants her man. Shelby inadvertently tells Kate she knows of her relationship with Uncle Joey not realizing that he is The mob boss, Joey the knife Manetto.
Now not only is the bank robber out to get her but Uncle Joey is hot on her tail as well.

Shelby is bound to receive the end of a knife or bullet until she reveals her new ability to Uncle Joey. Now, he plans to use her in his scheme to ferret out the links in his operation. What we have her is a wonderfully written who dunnit' with a paranormal twist and loads of comedic moments. If I can't have a hairy werewolf or a sexy vampire give me a crime busting novel any day of the week. Then, add a paranormal twist, I am sooooo in my element.

I will confess I was not expecting to enjoy this book so much; but I am so glad I did. And since this series has been out for awhile, I will have several good reads to keep me busy for a time. If you are like me and enjoy a little humor, crime solving and paranormal edge in your reads, I would highly recommend that you pick up "Carrots." Well, I am off to read the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrots.

November 28, 2015 – Started Reading