Michelle Johnson's Reviews > Daughter of the House

Daughter of the House by Rosie Thomas

it was ok

This story follows the main character Nancy throughout her life...literally. It starts in 1910 when she is eleven years old and takes us with her through her adulthood to 1930.

I enjoyed the idea of following a character to experience all her life's trials and tribulations but found myself losing interest on more than one occasion. Although I thought the writing was great and depicted the time perfectly, the story itself was just too long for me.

Nancy is a seer of sorts where she can see and receive messages from the dead. It was very interesting at first, but just not fast paced enough to keep me craving for more.

Perhaps if this book was broken down into a series I would have enjoyed following Nancy more.

If you're one for historical romances with a slower steady pace, I'd recommend this read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the House.

November 27, 2015 – Started Reading
page 56
10.94% "Intrigued"
December 10, 2015 –
page 130
25.39% "Finding time to read lately is hard, but definitely enjoying this so far!"
December 17, 2015 –
page 210
January 29, 2016 –
page 301
58.79% "Slowly getting through this bit by bit. I'm determined to NOT put in my DNF pile. Every book must be read. Let's do this!"
March 11, 2016 – Finished Reading