Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)'s Reviews > A Problematic Love

A Problematic Love by Rebecca Rohman

bookshelves: arc, favourites

I am going to begin this by making a confession and hanging my head in shame... I own ALL of Rebecca Rohman's novels in eBook, both individually and the box sets, but A Problematic Love is the first one that I have actually read. I know, it's SHOCKING! I have heard nothing but great things about Ms Rohman's stories, and I've read the "tissue" warning many times in reviews by others ;-) But, I'd just never gotten around to reading any of them.

Lately I've found myself getting bored with the "romance" genre. Well I wouldn't exactly say bored. It just seems that in almost every book I read the characters are all in the same age group. Most of them are under 30. And while there is nothing wrong with this, I have found that I want to read something with slightly older characters. After all, I am now closer in age to 40 than what I am to 30! And that's why A Problematic Love was so refreshing for me. The main characters are a little older - Daemon Ros just turned 40!

And now that I've mentioned Daemon Ros...He was a character that I completely sympathised with.

Not only is Daemon gorgeous, wealthy and used to getting what he wants, he is caring, has a soft spot for children and has a tortured soul. While he loves his brother Donovan and donates to many charities and families in need (many times anonymously), he also feels rejected by his parents and other than the love of his brother, had never known what the love of family feels like.

Megan Kole is strong minded and determined. She is a successful lawyer and after losing her fiance has raised her son Zach on her own. She has coped with her devastating loss by making her life purely about work and her son. Megan has a great family and has known constant love and support, and her family are always there whenever she needs them.

Megan and Daemon's relationship is anything but easy - from the fact that their relationship is seen as forbidden, to the myriad of events that happen throughout their journey to get to where they want to be - they encounter obstacle after obstacle.

A Problematic Love is a story that has it all - action, drama, mystery, adventure, loss, love and some of the best sex scenes that I have EVER read. Ms Rohman's writing is pure genius. I was hooked from the very first page, and I felt like I was in the story with her characters. I felt EVERY emotion that they did, and experienced every disaster and joy right along with them.

I totally loved the fact that A Problematic Love is in no way predictable. Yes, you can see certain events coming, but just when you think you have a situation figured out, something else will happen to throw your train of thought way off. I loved the twists and turns and every emotion that I felt from the first page to the very end!

Thank you Rebecca Rohman for restoring my faith in a genre that I adore and introducing me to your writing. I am definitely reading all your other works now!

I received and ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Problematic Love.

November 27, 2015 – Shelved
November 27, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 25, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
January 26, 2016 – Started Reading
January 26, 2016 –
January 28, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 29, 2016 – Shelved as: favourites

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Rohman Kylie, thank you so very much for reading my book :) and for sharing this AMAZING review with everyone.

I appreciate it.