TL 's Reviews > Firsts

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, favorites

Buddyread with the lovely Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*:)

Read Shelby's thoughts on the book here. She has a different opinion on it but that's cool... if we all loved the same things it would be a boring world indeed, head over and give her some love :)
~~~~

I received this via Goodreads FirstReads giveaway in an exchange for an honest review.

Well..

Indeed... I surprised myself by loving this

Good you job you sneaky book :)

One of the best YA books I've read in awhile... the old but true saying "Wasn't sure what to expect but decided to take a chance on it anyway"

Mercedes/Mercy isn't easy to like sometimes but there was just something about her that kept me reading. I can see where she thinks she's 'helping' these guys (don't get me wrong, I didn't approve of her 'system' at all) but all I was thinking about these guys were if you really cared about your girlfriends, you wouldn't have stopped by her room. I didn't have much sympathy for them, even the nice ones.

LOVED Faye, she was my favorite of the book actually... and Zach was a sweetheart. It warmed my heart how they stuck by Mercedes when the shit hit the fan and (view spoiler)

When everything came out (and honestly, I don't see how Mercedes thought she could keep it up under wraps), I was proud of her for not hiding in her room and not coming out. It took courage to walk into that school and keep her head up. The aftermath of everything regarding after the truth came out was about what I expected but also glad it wasn't worse than that.
Although I do think more of the hate should have been spread to the guys as well... takes two to tango after all.

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Would recommend giving this a chance :) It won't be for everyone, you'll most likely either love it or hate it.

The ending wasn't what I thought it would be and I didn't see how (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firsts.

November 27, 2015 – Shelved
December 8, 2015 – Started Reading
December 8, 2015 –
0.0% "Buddyread with Miss Shelby!\n \n \n \n "
page 37
December 8, 2015 –
0.0% "Thought I was better but headache still persisting apparently"
page 67
20.94% "When I first started doing this, I felt wary before each encounter, almost scared. My hands would tremble when I unbuttoned a guy's fly and my legs would tremble when I climbed onto a lap. But somewhere between five and ten, this started happening. The sense that it's not just for them anymore. The knowledge that I like it, too. The fear that I want more out of it than all of it than all of them combined can give me."
page 112
page 164
December 9, 2015 –
page 212
December 9, 2015 –
page 269
84.06% "What are you planning Faye?"
December 9, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Sarah Great review :) I really liked this book too!

TL Sarah wrote: "Great review :) I really liked this book too!"

thanks hun and *high five* :)

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I'm so glad you liked this (and sad I didn't) ; )

TL Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I'm so glad you liked this (and sad I didn't) ; )"

Thanks hun * hugs * Glad one of the ARCs I won was a winner for once :)

Ellen Gail Agreed on loving Faye! She's the best! Great review =)

TL Ellen Gail wrote: "Agreed on loving Faye! She's the best! Great review =)"

Indeed:) In some ways she reminds me of one of my best friends.

Thanks hun!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* I'm finally finished. My old lady roots showed up. But I'm so glad you liked it. :D

TL Shelby *trains flying monkeys* wrote: "I'm finally finished. My old lady roots showed up. But I'm so glad you liked it. :D"

*gives you chocolate* Funny sometimes how two people can read the same book and see it differently hmm?:)

Many thanks <3

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* TL wrote: "Shelby *trains flying monkeys* wrote: "I'm finally finished. My old lady roots showed up. But I'm so glad you liked it. :D"

*gives you chocolate* Funny sometimes how two people can read the same b..."

It's all good. :)
It gives different looks into a book and makes life interesting. LOL

message 10: by TL (new) - rated it 4 stars

TL Haha, yup definitely :)

message 11: by Tayler (new) - added it

Tayler Steele Great review! It made me even more excited to get my hands on this one when it comes out :)

message 12: by TL (new) - rated it 4 stars

TL Thanks Tayler, hope you like it! There's another giveaway going on for it now, I think.